Mountain Biking in Morzine
Morzine is a mecca for mountain biking. Its has thousands of kilometres of down hill and cross country trails, an extensive lift system, bike park areas and beautiful mountain scenery to top it off. The lifts are open from mid June until mid September opening up the massive Portes du Soliel area for your enjoyment. The trails are graded like a ski resort so you can hit the trails you feel comfortable on.
We are able to help organise bike hire for you in town if you don’t want to bring your own. We have teamed up with a local bike shop to help set you up with all the gear you need. Book with us and save an extra 10% on bike hire with our favourite local bike shop Torico.
- Electric biking excursions from €58
- Family bike excursions with children from €30
- Rides across the Portes du Soleil from €60
- Enduro/downhill instruction from €30
The map below gives you an idea of just how many trails there are in Morzine and Les Gets alone. For €29 you can upgrade to the Portes du Soleil lift pass which will give you access to 12 linked resorts and 4 internationally renowned bike parks, across 19 mountain lifts open all summer.
Morzine Bike Park
Morzine’s MTB facilities are either side of the village; on the Super Morzine side (part of the Avoriaz sector), you’ll find 5 maintained DH tracks and 2 new additions, as well as many ultra-tricky routes. The second side is on the Pleney, where the signposted tracks are in the main easier and aimed at a less experienced level of rider, from beginners to intermediate. Whichever side you choose, you are sure to meet internationally famous riders who have decided to come here on holiday or to train. From Morzine, you can take the modern mountain lifts for easy access to many of the area’s finest MTB facilities. These include Chatel and Bikepark.ch covering Champéry-Les Crosets, Morgins, Val d’Illiez and Champoussin on the one hand and Les Gets on the other…and all of this using the same liftpass!
Les Gets Bike Park
The Bike Park in Les Gets has been a must-do MTB venue for almost two decades. The resort’s main motivation is to open up access to the tracks and keep the best riders happy at the same time. The Bike Park is a great place to start any tour of the Portes du Soleil’s French-Swiss tracks. But it’s also a great venue in its own right, with around 12 DH tracks, 6 all-mountain XC routes and the Canyon freeride slope with its many variations.In keeping with our aim of making MTB accessible for everyone, the Les Gets Bike Park has 6 tracks for beginners and 6 for more experienced riders.This year the Les Gets Bike Park also has 1 Video park in the central Chavannes sector, as well as a superb Pumptrack in the centre of the village.
- 128 km of marked trails
- 13 downhill tracks (DHI)
- 1 Freeride track
- 5 tracks Enduro/X-Country
- 5 electric mountain biking tracks
- 3 charging points for electric mountain bikes
- One 80 km Portes du Soleil Enduro tour
- One 3 ha Jump Park with bridges, jumps, forest passages, wooden units
- 1 mini Jump Park
- One 4-Cross track
- 1 Dual Slalom track
- 2 Pump Tracks
- 1 Kid’s Zone
- 1 Coaching Track
- 3 mechanical chair lifts designed for mountain biking, including the Chavannes Express and Nauchets Express chairlifts that are equipped so that 2 bikescan be charged per seat (22 lifts on the whole Portes du Soleil site)
- 8 bike-patrols to ensure the security and maintenance of the tracks
- Around 10 instructors accredited by the MCF (Moniteur Cycliste Français)
- 6 specialised stores for bike hire or repairs
- 35 staff members who take turns at the welcome desk, on the ski lifts and at the cash desk
- 2 free bike-wash bays.
- Repair and maintenance points (available free of charge at the chairlifts).
Châtel Mountain Bike Park
Châtel Bike Park is in the “Pré-la-Joux / Plaine Dranse” sector. There are 20 tracks (including many variations) just waiting for you and your DH or Enduro bike to test them out. The Bike Park has tracks for all levels but above all, it has great variety.
In Chatel, you’ll find everything from ultra-technical DH packed with roots and steps, to wide and smooth runs with easy jumps, shore sections and serious freeride lines, as well as cruiser routes for beginners.
Do an online search for “Air Voltage” or “Zougouloukata” and you’ll soon see why Chatel is known as the “European Whistler”.Chatel uses its expertise in top-flight sports championships to organise prestigious MTB events like the Chatel Mountain Style, the European MTB DH Cup finals, or the IXS Châtel European Downhill Cup in 2013.
– 20 DH tracks and an incredible variety of runs
– 1 pressure wash station in Pré-la-Joux
– 9 Bike Patrol specialists to maintain and keep the tracks safe every day (open and close the runs, check each run’s safety, provide first-aid and all sorts of advice).
– 1 Drop Zone
– 2 Pump Tracks
Bike Park Champéry-Morgins
Riders can access everything Bike Park Champéry-Morgins has to offer with the same Portes du Soleil liftpass. There are 4 resorts to try: Champéry, Val-d’Illiez, Morgins and Champoussin, which are all just next to the French border. The size of the MTB area offers limitless possibilities for MTB riders with a huge number of slopes that visitors can take according to their ability. The most experienced riders can now choose from 10 DH runs, as well freeride/enduro circuits and also 4-cross routes.For less adventurous riders or those who want to mix biking with touring, Bike Park Dents du Midi also offers lots of routes suitable for most people.
– 9 maintained DH tracks + 7 XC
– 4 specialist MTB hire and repair shops
– 4 pressure-wash cleaning stations
– 1 World Cup DH track
– 1 pumptrack
– 1 begonner track
Bike Park Avoriaz
With 14 trails designed for all levels and crafted by a team of passionate shapers, riders will find here plenty of fun. Located in the heart of Portes du Soleil, the largest MTB area in Europe, Avoriaz is an ideal starting point for many itineraries.
Key points – Scalable bike park, ideal for progress – Wide variety of itineraries – Quality of the shape – Shapers listening to riders – Conviviality with picnic areas and BBQs
Super Morzine area:
– 9 Downhill trails (3 green, 3 blue, 2 red, 1 black)
– 5 Downhill trails (2 blue, 1 red et 2 black)
– 2 all-mountain XC routes (Brochais et Mossettes)
– A wooden Pump track in Avoriaz centre
– Tutti Frutti new video zone