Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all bookings with 45 Degrees North.
When booking we require a 30% deposit to secure the reservation with the remaining balance due 12 weeks prior to arrival. This can be paid by either bank transfer or cheque. All cheques must be payable to ‘45 Degrees North’. Deposits must be received by 45 Degrees North within 5 days of making the provisional booking. If your deposit is not received in this time, we may offer the holiday dates to other interested parties. Upon receiving your deposit and a signed booking form we will send you confirmation of your holiday booking showing the deposit received and the balance and balance due date. The client who completes the booking form shall be liable for all those persons to whom the booking form applied.
2. Payment Schedule
The balance of your holiday must be settled 12 weeks prior to your arrival date. We will email you to prompt you for the final payment. If your holiday booking is made within 12 weeks of your arrival date, payment in full must be made immediately. If full payments are not made in accordance with this schedule, then bookings will be treated as cancellations and deposits will not be refunded.
3. Cycling / Skiing/ Snowboarding
45 Degrees North accepts your holiday booking on the understanding that you recognise the hazards involved in an activity holiday. We cannot be responsible for injury sustained at any time howsoever caused. Every guest must consider the risks, make their own judgements, and act accordingly at all times. 45 Degrees North cannot be responsible for any inconvenience or discomfort caused by factors out of their control for example; adverse weather conditions or road works.
Before coming on holiday with 45 Degrees North, all guests must be covered by suitable sports travel insurance including medical cover. It is the responsibility of every guest to ensure that their insurance policy covers all elements of their holiday. 45 Degrees North will not take responsibility for guests whose insurance policies do not provide sufficient cover for their requirements. Guests may be required to show their insurance documents on arrival in resort. Guests without proof of sufficient cover will be obliged to find a suitable insurance policy immediately. 45 Degrees North will not be held responsible for any incident that occurs whilst a guest has insufficient insurance cover.
5. Cancellations and Changes
If in the unlikely event that 45 Degrees North has to make a cancellation or change to your holiday then 45 Degrees North will notify you as soon as possible and offer you one of the following, as applicable:
- To accept the new holiday arrangements.
- To accept an alternative holiday accommodation type or date, at no extra cost.
- To cancel your holiday and receive a full refund in respect of your holiday cost with 45 Degrees North.
- 45 Degrees North will not be liable to refund you for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of the booking.
If you are obliged to cancel your holiday booking you must inform 45 Degrees North in writing immediately. You will incur costs on the following scale:
- Over 10 weeks prior to departure: Loss of deposit.
- 10 – 6 weeks prior to departure: Loss of 60% of holiday cost.
- 6 – 4 weeks prior to departure: Loss of 80% of holiday cost.
- Under 4 weeks prior to departure: Loss of 100% of holiday cost.
6. Behaviour and Damages
45 Degrees North expects all our guests to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and to have consideration for their fellow guests. 45 Degrees North reserves the right to refuse to further accommodate any guest guilty of behaviour that we deem to seriously impair the enjoyment of other guests or which threatens the condition of the chalet. The guilty party will be liable for the cost of any damage so caused. Full payment for any such damage must be made at the time to ourselves at a rate of cost determined by 45 Degrees North, or any third party involved. If payment is not made then the guilty party must indemnify us against any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of their actions.
It is the responsibility of 45 Degrees North to ensure that every element of your holiday with us is provided to a reasonable standard as described in our literature. 45 Degrees North shall not be liable for damages as a result of:
- Any event or circumstances which that person could have predicted or avoided if they had taken all necessary due care.
- Any event or circumstances that 45 Degrees North and its employees or suppliers, could not have foreseen or forestalled even with all due care and attention.
- Unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of 45 Degrees North, such as strikes, wars, civil or political unrest, quarantine restrictions, government action, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, etc.
- Injury, illness or death due to any activity, including cycling, at any time during your holiday.
- Loss, theft or damage to belongings, including bikes, at any time during your holiday.
45 Degrees North’s terms and conditions do not seek to exclude liability for illness, injury or death caused by our negligence. Where we are found to be liable under English Law, damages may be paid only if the following conditions are met:
- You must inform us of the incident while you are in resort. Details of your claim must be submitted in writing to our contact email address within 28 days of returning from your holiday. In cases of illness, injury or death, a doctors letter is required.
- Any rights that you have against any third party, if involved, must be transferred to 45 Degrees North. Should 45 Degrees North or our insurers enforce these rights, you must agree to fully cooperate with us or our insurers.
45 Degrees North do not provide transport for guests from the UK to the chalet in France. Where an airport transfer has been booked by you, we are not responsible for delayed transfers due to factors outside of our control, for example traffic, other guests, vehicle or equipment failure and resultant missed flights. We recommend that all guests ensure that their travel insurance policies cover for missed flights and any other incidental costs resulting from delayed transfers.
45 Degrees North has a procedure in place in order to resolve any problems or complaints as soon as possible. Any complaints should be made clear to the chalet staff as soon as they arise, giving the details in writing. You must allow our resort staff at least 18 hours to investigate the matter and to take action in light of your complaint. If the amendments are not satisfactory then your complaint must be followed up by a written detail of your complaint to our UK office no later than 14 days following the end of your holiday with 45 Degrees North.
10. Passports/ Visas
It is the responsibility of all guests to be in possession of a valid passport and/or visa and any other necessary papers. 45 Degrees North will not take responsibility for any guests who are refused entry to their country of destination, nor for incidental costs incurred. Please note – Geneva Airport is in Switzerland which is not an EC member.
Any information or advice provided by 45 Degrees North on matters such as weather conditions, road conditions, clothing and equipment, is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of 45 Degrees North.
To the best of the knowledge of 45 Degrees North, all website information is correct at the time of writing. Resort information cannot be guaranteed due to changes which may occur at any time outside the control of 45 Degrees North.
13. Smoking Policy
45 Degrees North operates a strict no smoking policy inside the chalet. Smokers are welcome, but we request that they smoke outside the chalet and dispose of their ash and used cigarettes sensibly.
14. Gift voucher rewards
To qualify for the £20 voucher the friend that is being referred must not have been a previous guest with 45 Degrees North before. In order to claim the reward the new guest must mention the person that referred them at the time of booking. Once full payment has been received by 45 Degrees North then the voucher will be sent to the person who referred.
15. Bike Rental
All rental bikes will be checked over prior to your hire and set up to fit you, using the dimensions you provide. It is your responsibility to ensure this set up is acceptable before commencing riding. Mountain roads can place extra demands on the bike, in particular on the brakes and brake blocks. It is your responsibility to ensure that the bike is in good order throughout the hire period. If the bike needs repairs please notify one of our team.
Rental bikes are only to be used on the public highway. You will be responsible for any damage to the bike, whilst in your care. In the case of loss through theft you must report the incident to the police within 24 hours and obtain a formal report. You will be liable for the full replacement cost of the bike concerned on an as new basis.