Before coming out to the French Alps with your bike we recommend all our guests are insured. We have a couple of suggestions for you from British Cycling and Yellow Jersey Cycling Insurance.
Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance offer a pair of complementary products to cover all eventualities riding, travelling, and racing. Race-bred cycle insurance providing complete cover your bike in the UK and overseas: from crash damage and theft to race fee cancelation and third party liability. Cycle Specific Travel Insurance covering you for medical mishaps and repatriation when abroad, on top of all the features you’d expect from a standard travel insurer. It’s Cyclists who review each claim and our experts are trained to get you back on the road, trails or track as quickly and painlessly as possible – we believe the only place you should suffer is on the bike.
Yellow Jersey are proud insurers for Team Wiggins, Sponsors of Laura Trott, Matrix Cycling, the London Triathlon League, the London & SE Cyclo-Cross League, Surrey Road Racing League and are the official insurance partners of British Triathlon.
British Cycling’s ‘Ride membership’ is ideal for commuters & sportive riders whereas ‘Race membership’ is designed for competitive riders. With Race Gold or Silver and Ride membership you’ll get 3rd party liability insurance cover.
If you are involved in an incident causing injury or property damage that was (or is alleged to have been) your fault your insurance cover may indemnify you in respect of the legal costs of defending a third party claim and any resulting damages awarded against you. Cover is up to a limit of £10 million and British Cycling will pay any insurance excess that applies.
British Cycling 3rd Party Liability Insurance – What is Covered?
- Incidents in which you are involved whilst riding or wheeling your bike and which are alleged to have been your fault.
- Physical injury to third parties caused by your actions.
- Damage to third party property caused by you.
- Legal costs incurred in forming your defence.
- Damages awarded against you following a successful claim by a third party.
- Total cover for legal costs and awards of up to £10m.
- Race Gold, Race Silver and Ride members benefit from individual liability insurance cover for non-competitive, social, leisure, utility cycling and commuting and also whilst participating in timed events such as sportives.