Before coming out to the French Alps with your bike we recommend all our guests are insured. We have a couple of suggestions for you from British Cycling and Yellow Jersey Cycling Insurance.
Yellow Jersey’s travel insurance covers you for all types of cycling, both leisure and racing. Cover includes medical expenses, repatriation, public liability and even free winter sports cover on annual policies so you can visit us for your ski holidays, too!
You should also make sure your bike is as well protected as you are. Cover your bike for crash and accidental damage, theft and cover with the airline with bicycle insurance from Yellow Jersey, along with many other features. Policies available as short term or annual, and can be for your own bike or a bike you rent out here.
Our customers can receive a 10% discount on all policies, get in touch for your customer code today.
British Cycling’s ‘Ride membership’ is ideal for commuters & sportive riders whereas ‘Race membership’ is designed for competitive riders. With Race Gold or Silver and Ride membership you’ll get 3rd party liability insurance cover.
If you are involved in an incident causing injury or property damage that was (or is alleged to have been) your fault your insurance cover may indemnify you in respect of the legal costs of defending a third party claim and any resulting damages awarded against you. Cover is up to a limit of £10 million and British Cycling will pay any insurance excess that applies.
British Cycling 3rd Party Liability Insurance – What is Covered?
- Incidents in which you are involved whilst riding or wheeling your bike and which are alleged to have been your fault.
- Physical injury to third parties caused by your actions.
- Damage to third party property caused by you.
- Legal costs incurred in forming your defence.
- Damages awarded against you following a successful claim by a third party.
- Total cover for legal costs and awards of up to £10m.
- Race Gold, Race Silver and Ride members benefit from individual liability insurance cover for non-competitive, social, leisure, utility cycling and commuting and also whilst participating in timed events such as sportives.